Most of us were never trained to properly communicate. As humans we tend to be focused on our own needs and agendas. This can lead to misunderstandings, mistakes and conflicts.
The problems in a business arise around people, process or product. When there are problems with the people side of the business, it almost always has to do with poor communications.
We have two primary services as it relates to organizational communications:
- Team sessions
- One-on-one coaching
This service is typically for sales teams or management teams but can also encompass the entire company.
We help the individuals of the team learn to listen to each other, not from a place of judgement, but from a place of understanding first.
Our team sessions put everyone in a relaxed atmosphere, where the issues can be discussed openly and with a focus on finding solutions.
Coaching isn’t for everyone.
The people that get the most out of coaching are the one’s that recognize they don’t know everything, don’t have all the answers, are always striving to get better and want to reach goals that may seem out of reach today.
A coach does the following:
- Asks you questions that challenge your thinking and habits
- Challenges you to do things you didn’t think you were capable of
- Helps you take ownership of your own success
- Keeps you focused on what’s really important
- Helps you eliminate excuses
- Makes you aware of your own accountability
- Keeps your ego in check
- Helps you develop confidence in your strengths and abilities
- Helps you understand, the only thing limiting you, is you
How coaching works
- We set up a monthly schedule to meet on a regular basis. Sessions are typically 45-60 minutes
- The sessions are private and confidential
- We work on the things that are important to you - for example: work, home, goals, personal growth, work-life balance, managing stress and organization
- My job is not to fix, change or manipulate you. The purpose of coaching is to give you a safe place where you can challenge yourself and get non-judgemental support
- The biggest takeaway from coaching is self awareness. The more you take responsibility for your own choices the quicker you will be successful
- It’s important to know that coaching is a two way commitment. When you commit to making change happen in your life my job as coach is to help you stay accountable to that commitment. At the same time, I am committed to listening to you and supporting you without judgment and biases
How we speak and listen to each other is the most important aspect of your businesses potential for growth. If you’re ready to change the way you and your people communicate give us a call.